Dr. Shaun Tregoning
MD, FCOG(SA), FRCS(C)
"What I love about being a fertility doc is that I get to participate in the creative journey of life"
Dr. Tregoning has a special clinical interest in advanced laparoscopic surgery, endometriosis, and PCOS.
After receiving his medical degree at the University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, Dr. Shaun Tregoning went on to complete his residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Cape Town, in conjunction with the Groote Schuur Hospitals teaching group. This training culminated in the FCOG - the exit examination of the College of Medicine in South Africa.
Dr. Tregoning then completed his fellowship training in endoscopic surgery, reproductive endocrinology, and infertility at both the University of Cape Town and Stanford University.
In practice, Dr. Tregoning was Head of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the II Military Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa.
Since moving to Canada in November 2001, Dr. Tregoning has practiced as a specialist obstetrician and gynecologist in Abbotsford, BC. He holds a position as an assistant clinical professor in department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of British Columbia. He was also previously head of the department of Surgery at the ARHCC and is treating patients at the Olive Fertility Surrey clinic, providing consultations, treatment plans, hysteroscopy, and ultrasound.
Dr. Tregoning has a special clinical interest in advanced laparoscopic surgery, endometriosis, and PCOS. In addition, he has an interest in the fertility aspirations and goals of transgendered individuals.
Dr. Tregoning is married to his husband Mario – a registered nurse and they have one daughter – who is herself a product of assisted reproductive technology.
Registration/Membership with Professional Bodies
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC to practice obstetrics and gynecology in BC, Canada.
- Health Professions Council of South Africa to practice obstetrics and gynaecology in South Africa.
- Member of SOGC (Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada)
- Member of SASOG (South African Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists)
- Member of ASRM (American Society of Reproductive Medicine)
- Member of CFAS (Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society)
- Member of ESHRE (European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology)
- Member of ISGE (International Society of Gynecological Endoscopy)
- Certified level III endoscopist by the Accreditation Council of Gynecological Endoscopy
Dr. Shaun Tregoning
's Care Team
What is a personal care team? At Olive you will have your own personal care team consisting of your Olive physician, a team of nurses and a patient coordinator who will be there to support you emotionally and physically, throughout your whole treatment experience. You can stay in touch with your team through e-mail, phone and your secure online Patient Portal. This means you can get information, answers to your questions and receive your test results as quickly as possible.
You can be assured that while your personal care team are your primary care givers every other member of the Olive team is dedicated to making your experience the best it can be.