Olive Fertility Centre is a patient-centered care facility which views patient care from the patient’s perspective. All employees embrace this concept ensuring patients receive excellent quality care with a compassionate, attentive touch. This is a position for a Licensed Practical Nurse who has completed the training required to be an in vitro fertilization (IVF) Nurse Coordinator and has demonstrated proficiency in the performance of nursing procedures in accordance with Olive Fertility Centre’s standards of care.
Supporting the Vision, Purpose, and Commitment of Olive Fertility Centre:
This position supports our Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI) specialists and the nursing teams. You will be responsible for delivering the highest level of customer service to Olive patients. This full-time position requires a motivated, energetic, self- directing individual able to work in a busy, professional, multi-tasking environment. You are required to provide exceptional patient centered care in a friendly, calm, personable manner and be able to work accurately and efficiently while interacting effectively and in a supportive manner to all Olive’s diverse patients.
Key Areas of Involvement Include:
· Receive patient phone calls, voicemails, and emails, triaging to appropriate team members.
· Coordinate orientation and treatment pre-requisites and appointments.
· Schedule routine procedures as required, such as IUIs.
· Loading requisitions for patient work-up.
· Chart maintenance – ensuring completeness of required tests.
· Circulating patients to appointment rooms and preparing rooms for exams.
· Assisting physicians at ultrasound appointments, diagnostic exams, and endometrial biopsies.
· Assisting Nursing in cycle set up and chart prep.
· Holiday and sick coverage for other Nursing Office Assistants as needed.
· Document Management as needed to assist Administration overflow.
· Other administrative duties based on operational needs.
Education, Training and Experience:
· Graduation from Grade 12 and completion of Medical Office Assistant certificate program
· Five years’ work experience in a specialist’s office scheduling multiple types of appointments
· Five years’ experience working collaboratively with other healthcare professionals within a medical facility.
Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work quickly and accurately in all areas of responsibility.
· Ability to anticipate patients’, nurses’, and physicians’ needs.
· Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in an environment subject to changing deadlines, stress, and interruptions.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Proven professional, positive attitude in all aspects of work.
· Ability to remain aware of other team members and to adjust workload to assist when required.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Broad knowledge of computerized database programs including EMR software
· Proficient in the use of personal computers and applicable software applications
· Physical ability to carry out all duties of the position.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $24.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Secondary School (required)
Medical office: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
An error occurred submitting the form. Please try again.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA validation.
We appreciate and thank everyone who has expressed interest in working at Olive Fertility Centre. Regrettably, we will only be contacting those candidates who meet all the qualifications and who we wish to interview.
Inclusion of all gender and sexually diverse people is an important value of Olive Fertility Centre. We are continuously striving to create an environment of compassionate belonging where all of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community are supported, valued and respected.
Olive Fertility Centre resides on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Tsleil-waututh Nations (Vancouver and Surrey clinics), of the Lekwungen people (Victoria clinic), of the syilx/Okanagan people (Kelowna clinic) and of the Lheidli T’enneh First Nation (Blossom Fertility clinic in Prince George).
© 2022-2023 Olive Fertility Centre. All Rights Reserved.