Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose, and Commitment of Olive Fertility Centre:
This position supports our Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI) specialists and the Third-Party Reproduction team. You will be responsible for delivering the highest level of customer service to Olive patients. This full-time position requires a motivated, energetic, self- directing individual able to work in a busy, professional, multi-tasking environment. You are required to provide exceptional patient centered care in a friendly, calm, personable manner and be able to work accurately and efficiently while interacting effectively and in a supportive manner to all Olive’s diverse patients.
Key Areas of Involvement Include:
Nursing Office Assistant:
· Document organization and management to assist administration workflow.
· Health Canada Regulations & Standards document management.
o Directed Donor Paperwork, including summary documents, letters of risk and consents.
o Ensuring Dynacare blood work is checked each shift and uploaded to charts.
· Invitae Set-ups and Management Including:
o Testing setup and following up results with nursing team when applicable.
· Chart set up, linking charts, setting up preliminary screening for new patients.
· Managing Third-Party Admin tasks.
· Loading requisitions for patient work-up.
· Uploading all Third-Party Paperwork including counseling reports and legal letters.
· Setting up satellite care for out-of-town patients.
· Working collaboratively with other clinic locations as needed.
· Other administrative duties based on operational needs.
Education, Training and Experience:
· Graduation from Grade 12 and completion of Medical Office Assistant certificate program.
· Five years’ work experience in a specialist’s office scheduling multiple types of appointments.
· Five years’ experience working collaboratively with other healthcare professionals within a medical facility.
Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work quickly and accurately in all areas of responsibility.
· Ability to anticipate patients’, nurses’, and physicians’ needs.
· Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in an environment subject to changing deadlines, stress, and interruptions.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Proven professional, positive attitude in all aspects of work.
· Ability to remain aware of other team members and to adjust workload to assist when required.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Broad knowledge of computerized database programs including EMR software.
· Proficient in the use of personal computers and applicable software applications.
· Physical ability to carry out all duties of the position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $24.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
French not required
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Education: Secondary School (required)
Experience: Medical office: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
An error occurred submitting the form. Please try again.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA validation.
We appreciate and thank everyone who has expressed interest in working at Olive Fertility Centre. Regrettably, we will only be contacting those candidates who meet all the qualifications and who we wish to interview.
Inclusion of all gender and sexually diverse people is an important value of Olive Fertility Centre. We are continuously striving to create an environment of compassionate belonging where all of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community are supported, valued and respected.
Olive Fertility Centre resides on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Tsleil-waututh Nations (Vancouver and Surrey clinics), of the Lekwungen people (Victoria clinic), of the syilx/Okanagan people (Kelowna clinic) and of the Lheidli T’enneh First Nation (Blossom Fertility clinic in Prince George).
© 2022-2023 Olive Fertility Centre. All Rights Reserved.