I have been trying to get pregnant, but seem to be having no luck. What should I do next?
Not getting pregnant?
If you have been trying to get pregnant with no success, you are not alone. One in six couples have difficulty conceiving. But the good news is that most couples, with some help, are able to achieve their dream of having a baby.
The first step is to get a thorough fertility workout (link) to see if there is any issue with you or partner that is preventing you from getting pregnant. All your fertility testing (with the exception of AMH) and consultations with a fertility specialist are covered by MSP.
When to seek help?
You should talk to your physician about getting a fertility workup or a referral to a fertility specialist if you:
- Are 35 or under and have been trying to conceive for 12 months.
- Are 36 or older and have been trying to conceive for 6 months.
- Don't have regular menstrual cycles.
- Aren't sure if you are ovulating.
- Have a history of chlamydia or pelvic inflammatory disease as this increases your risk of blocked and/or damaged fallopian tubes.
- Suspect you have a problem.
If you or your partner has a fertility issue, the sooner it is diagnosed and treated the greater your chance of achieving a successful pregnancy
Why choose Olive Fertility?
Your Olive Fertility physicians are internationally recognized leaders in fertility care and have helped thousands of couple and single parents achieve their dream of having a baby.
We want you to feel cared for and supported throughout your entire fertility journey. At Olive we offer a unique approach to patient care. You will have your own personal care team consisting of your Olive physician and a team of two nurses who will be with you from your first visit throughout your whole treatment experience.
How to book an appointment
Booking an appointment is easy.
- You can get your physician to call us and book. If you don't have a GP, any walk-in clinic can provide a referral.
- You physician can refer you directly on line or fax us and we call back to book your appointment.
- You can call us directly.
Please note if you are referred by a physician, your consultation is covered by MSP. Otherwise there is a $100 fee for a consultation