Olive Fertility Centre is a patient-centered care facility which views patient care from the patient’s perspective. All employees embrace this concept ensuring patients receive excellent quality care with a compassionate, attentive touch. This is a position for a Licensed Practical Nurse who has completed the training required to be an in vitro fertilization (IVF) Nurse Coordinator and has demonstrated proficiency in the performance of nursing procedures in accordance with Olive Fertility Centre’s standards of care.
PREREQUISITES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Diploma in Nursing from an accredited educational institution recognized or approved by the BCCNM.
2. Current registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) as Authorized to practice – Current – Practising LPN.
3. Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider (current certification, within last year)
4. Adequate computer skills. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, in particular). Understanding of the internet is necessary.
5. Previous experience in reproductive endocrinology is not required but is preferred however due to the complexities of this nursing specialty. Previous gynaecology, labour and delivery, or sexual health nursing are also preferred experiences for the Nurse in the learning role.
REQUISITE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Please see the BCCNM document Becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse in Canada: Requisite Skills and Abilities.
Notable skills and abilities from this document include:
· Able to problem solve, reason, make decisions and use critical thinking to develop professional judgment
· Speak, write, read and comprehend English and/or French adequately to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner
· Recognize their own non-verbal signals and interpret those received from others while considering individual differences in expression and associated meaning
· Manage own behaviour well enough to provide safe, competent and ethical nursing care
· Fulfill responsibility as part of a team
· Set priorities and organize actions in an environment with multiple demands
· Manage time appropriately
· Develop relationships and rapport with individuals and groups
· Recognize the needs of clients and colleagues
PROTOCOL FAMILIARIZATION STUDY AND REVIEW
· Professional Standards for Licensed Practical Nurses (BCCNM)
· Scope of Practice for Licensed Practical Nurses (BCCNM)
· BCCNM Practice Standards
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Standards of Performance will be listed in the Nurse Handbook.
o Antral Follicle Count
· Patient Orientation
o Egg Freeze
o Emergency Sperm Freeze
· Procedural Nursing
o Endometrial Biopsy
· Team Nursing
o The List
o Cycle set-up/coordination
o Management of Early Pregnancy
o Pregnancy Loss Management
Out-of-Town (OOT) Program
Sperm Retrieval Program
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) Program
Donor Sperm Program
Anonymous Donor Egg Program
Known Donor Egg Program
Known Donor Embryo Program
Gestational Carrier Program
e-IVF Super User
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $36.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
Nursing: 2 years (required)
LPN License (required)
Work Location: In person
An error occurred submitting the form. Please try again.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA validation.
We appreciate and thank everyone who has expressed interest in working at Olive Fertility Centre. Regrettably, we will only be contacting those candidates who meet all the qualifications and who we wish to interview.
Inclusion of all gender and sexually diverse people is an important value of Olive Fertility Centre. We are continuously striving to create an environment of compassionate belonging where all of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community are supported, valued and respected.
Olive Fertility Centre resides on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Tsleil-waututh Nations (Vancouver and Surrey clinics), of the Lekwungen people (Victoria clinic), of the syilx/Okanagan people (Kelowna clinic) and of the Lheidli T’enneh First Nation (Blossom Fertility clinic in Prince George).
© 2022-2023 Olive Fertility Centre. All Rights Reserved.