Olive Fertility Centre is a patient-centered care facility which views patient care from the patient’s perspective. All employees embrace this concept ensuring patients receive excellent quality care with a compassionate, attentive touch. This is a position for a Registered Nurse who has completed the training required to be an in vitro fertilization (IVF) Nurse Coordinator and has demonstrated proficiency in the performance of nursing procedures in accordance with Olive Fertility Centre’s standards of care.
PREREQUISITES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BN), Nursing Science (BNS), or Science of Nursing (BScN) from an accredited university
2. Current registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) as Authorized to practice – Current – Practising RN
3. Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider (current certification, within last year)
4. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider (current certification, within last 2 years)
5. Safe and Effective Procedural Sedation and Analgesia (SEPSA) certification within last 2 years if performing Procedural Nursing duties.
6. Adequate computer skills. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, in particular). Understanding of the internet is necessary.
7. Previous experience in reproductive endocrinology is not required but is preferred however due to the complexities of this nursing specialty. Previous gynaecology, labour and delivery, or sexual health nursing are also preferred experiences for the Nurse in the learning role.
SCOPE AND FUNCTION
1. This is a full-time position reporting to the Division Leader, IVF Teams.
2. The IVF Nurse Coordinator performs assigned duties and at a proficient level and has been signed off by the Division Leader - IVF Teams in accordance with Olive Fertility Centre’s procedures, protocols, and training manuals.
3. The IVF Nurse Coordinator practices independently within the scope of practice of an RN.
4. The IVF Nurse Coordinator performs nursing functions supporting patients through their initial assessment, managing symptoms of fertility disease, teaching, and guiding through treatment, managing early pregnancy and pregnancy loss, as well as the resolution of treatment. The Nurse participates in procedural and team nursing, as well as monitoring patients in treatment. Some nurses will have special assignments upon completion of probation period.
PROTOCOL FAMILIARIZATION STUDY AND REVIEW
· Professional Standards for Registered Nurses and Nurse Practitioners (BCCNM)
· Scope of Practice for Registered Nurses (BCCNM)
· BCCNM Practice Standards
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Standards of Performance will be listed in the Nurse Handbook.
o Antral Follicle Count
· Patient Orientation
o Egg Freeze
o Emergency Sperm Freeze
· Procedural Nursing
o Procedure Room
o Endometrial Biopsy
o Mix antibiotics
o Push IV medications
· Team Nursing
o The List
o Cycle set-up/coordination
o Management of Early Pregnancy
o Pregnancy Loss Management
Out-of-Town (OOT) Program
Sperm Retrieval Program
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) Program
Donor Sperm Program
Anonymous Donor Egg Program
Known Donor Egg Program
Known Donor Embryo Program
Gestational Carrier Program
e-IVF Super User
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50.00 per hour
Expected hours: 37.5 per week
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Paid time off
Work from home
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Bachelor's Degree (required)
Nursing: 4 years (required)
Registered Nurse (RN) License (required)
Ability to Commute:
Vancouver, BC (required)
Work Location: In person
An error occurred submitting the form. Please try again.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA validation.
We appreciate and thank everyone who has expressed interest in working at Olive Fertility Centre. Regrettably, we will only be contacting those candidates who meet all the qualifications and who we wish to interview.
Inclusion of all gender and sexually diverse people is an important value of Olive Fertility Centre. We are continuously striving to create an environment of compassionate belonging where all of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community are supported, valued and respected.
Olive Fertility Centre resides on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Tsleil-waututh Nations (Vancouver and Surrey clinics), of the Lekwungen people (Victoria clinic), of the syilx/Okanagan people (Kelowna clinic) and of the Lheidli T’enneh First Nation (Blossom Fertility clinic in Prince George).
© 2022-2024 Olive Fertility Centre. All Rights Reserved.