Olive Fertility Centre is a patient-centered care facility which views patient care from the patient’s perspective. All employees embrace this concept ensuring patients receive excellent quality care with a compassionate, attentive touch. This is a position for a Licensed Practical Nurse who has completed the training required to be an in vitro fertilization (IVF) Nurse Coordinator and has demonstrated proficiency in the performance of nursing procedures in accordance with Olive Fertility Centre’s standards of care.
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose, and Commitment of Olive Fertility Centre:
Olive Fertility Centre is a patient centered care facility which views patient care from the patients’ perspective. All employees embrace this concept ensuring patients receive excellent quality care with a compassionate, attentive touch. The Sterile Supply Technician (SST) assists the nurses and physicians with clinical duties while embracing Olive Fertility Centre’s concept. This position requires the Sterile Supply Technician (SST) certificate.
Key Areas of Involvement Include:
· Set up procedure room.
· Sterilize probes using Trophon system.
· Tidy and clean procedure and examination rooms between procedures.
· Wash, pack, and autoclave instruments meeting all College of Physicians of BC requirements.
· Restock procedure rooms, assessment rooms and ultrasound rooms.
· Clean recovery area and tidy two private patient washrooms.
· Performing other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
· Grade 12 graduation.
· Completion of a Sterile Processing Technician certification program.
· Two (2) year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
· Adept at picking up new skills and effectively putting them into practice.
· Capacity to accept full responsibility for work and where necessary, ability to find ways and means to improve work performance.
· Good eye for details and excellent follows through on daily tasks.
· Independent and confident with excellent problem-solving skills.
· Able to remain quiet and attentive during procedures.
· Professional, friendly demeanour that can effectively defuse difficult situations and put patients at ease.
· Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of healthcare professionals.
· Able to quickly adapt to varying needs of organization.
· Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in an environment subject to changing deadlines, stress, and interruptions.
· Proficiency in the use of personal computers and applicable software applications
· Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
· Ability to speak and write fluently in English.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $27.82 per hour
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Vancouver, BC V5Z 3X7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
Medical Device Reprocessing: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
An error occurred submitting the form. Please try again.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA validation.
We appreciate and thank everyone who has expressed interest in working at Olive Fertility Centre. Regrettably, we will only be contacting those candidates who meet all the qualifications and who we wish to interview.
Inclusion of all gender and sexually diverse people is an important value of Olive Fertility Centre. We are continuously striving to create an environment of compassionate belonging where all of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community are supported, valued and respected.
Olive Fertility Centre resides on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Tsleil-waututh Nations (Vancouver and Surrey clinics), of the Lekwungen people (Victoria clinic), of the syilx/Okanagan people (Kelowna clinic) and of the Lheidli T’enneh First Nation (Blossom Fertility clinic in Prince George).
© 2022-2023 Olive Fertility Centre. All Rights Reserved.