Welcome to Olive Fertility. We look forward to meeting you at your first appointment and want to help you prepare for this important appointment make sure that you get the most out of the time with your physician. Our goal is that you come away with a clear understanding of the path you are on to achieving a pregnancy.
Upon booking your appointment with Olive you will receive a Welcome email from your care team nurse. Please retain this email as it contains important information and links to guide you through the steps to prepare for your first appointment, such as your username and login for the Patient Portal and your personalized testing requirements.
6 Steps You need to Take Before Coming to Your First Appointment.
Following these steps prior to your visit will insure that there are no delays in developing your personal treatment plan once you meet your doctor.
- Review your Welcome Email for your personalized testing requirements and Patient Portal Login information
- Login to the Patient Portal. A link to do so is on the top left of the Olive website (desktop) and is the first link in the menu (mobile devices). Your username and password can be found in your Welcome email.
- Print and fill out your History Form (on the Patient Portal). If you have a partner each person must login to their profile and fill out the History Form.
- Print out any documents and requisitions on the portal. You can find this information under the Documents tab, and then selecting Instructions on that page.
- Take printed requisitions to your local lab to have testing done on appropriate days.
- If you have already had some relevant fertility testing done please ask your doctor to forward copies to our office. Please sign the Consent Form and bring it to your doctor to authorize the transfer of files.
Please note that any upcoming appointment dates and times can be checked in the Patient Portal.
Your First Appointment
After carefully going over your referral your Olive physician may decide that you need some further testing. The testing you need is outlined in your welcome email and the instructions for testing are noted in it. It is essential that you complete this testing and submit the results to the patient portal before your first appointment so that your Olive physician has a full understanding of your fertility status and can start your treatment as soon as possible.
When you come to your first appointment you will be welcomed by our receptionist who will take your photo. Please bring your Care Card or Enhanced Driver's Licence as proper identification is essential for your care and safety. Your photo will never be shared or used for any other purpose than identification.
Your consultation will last anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes depending on your history. During your appointment your physician will review the fertility tests which you have completed, go over your history and find out the details of your fertility journey. Your physician will answer any questions or concerns you may have, then you and your physician will go over your fertility plan and discuss next steps.
In some cases additional testing may be required, if so, we will make those arrangements while you are here. You will get a plan of how and when to follow up and some idea of your treatment plan.